Dark Sky Finder Review
Dark Sky Finder
About this app
|Updated On:||Aug 7, 2012|
Awards by Best10Apps
"Get away from the light pollution and enjoy the nighttime sky!"
Reviewed by:Sun | Aug 7, 2012
Dark Sky Finder emerges as it has become increasingly difficult to observe the night sky. You must find our skies are brightening and masking the wonders of the night sky, which is known as light pollution. So this app is just designed for you to find dark skies, where the Milky Way shines with countless stars overhead.
This app has a clean and simple user interface which is similar to Google Maps. A blue blip shows your current location. You can locate nearby dark sky locations with this light pollution map(overlaid onto world map) by clicking “Pollution” button. There are three map types— standard, satellite, and hybrid for you to switch between. Besides, you can use “Dark Sites” button and tap on a dark site to view more information about it, such as fees, description of sky condition, parking, and more. All the information is authentic for they are added by app users. That means you can also make a contribution by adding a dark site for everyone to enjoy, such as editing site details, adding a review and writing some important notes. What’s more, this app allows you to tap on map legend to toggle between the basic scale and Bortle Scale, which is created by Jone E. Bortle and used for measuring light pollution.
So would you like to get away from the city’s bright glow and head out to dark skies? Dark Sky Finder app could always come in handy! Especially, you can take it along with you during the travel time. Come to download it right now!
☆ INTRODUCTORY SALE - 99¢ FOR A LIMITED TIME! ☆
Get away from the city's bright glow and head out to dark skies, where the Milky Way shines with countless stars overhead.
Dark Sky Finder helps you locate nearby dark skies to take a telescope, watch a meteor shower, or simply relax under the stars. See a light pollution map of North America, along with dots that indicate good observing locations. Anyone can add a good observation site — for instance, a public park with no bright lights — and write a few words about it to help other people in the area looking for a dark location.
★ KEY FEATURES ★
• Light Pollution Map: Overlaid on top of the standard map, satellite, or hybrid (includes most recent light pollution data, in addition to 1996/1997 data).
• Dark Sites: Escape to dark skies in hundreds of locations around the country. Includes user reviews, directions, and information on sky conditions, important notes, parking, fees, bathrooms, camping, weather, and much more.
• Add a Dark Site: Make a contribution by adding a dark site for everyone to enjoy.
• Clear Sky Charts: Finds the nearest Clear Sky Chart to pull in information on transparency, seeing, and other conditions relevant to telescope observers.
• Bortle Scale: Tap on the map legend to toggle between the Bortle Scale and basic scale. Read more about the Bortle Scale for measuring light pollution in the About tab.
★ SUPPORT & FEEDBACK ★
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for support or to give feedback on the app. I'll answer quickly, usually in a few minutes to an hour. Feedback is always appreciated!
Dark Sky Finder is a Games app from James Skidmore. This list contains all Dark Sky Finder related questions&answers from our users, you can find your questions and vote for the best answers. If you think you are able to help other on Dark Sky Finder, you can answer others questions.
Like it? Share with friends!